CAMPGROUND WAIVER &
- Permittee/guests shall not sublet or assign this agreement or conduct business during the event on this site, unless described herein as part of the activity/event.
- Permittee/guests understands and accepts that the public has a right to access the beach and rights to shoreline located in front of this site. Olowalu Elua Associates, LLC is not responsible for any acts by the general public pursuant to these rights.
- In consideration for being permitted by Camp Olowalu to participate in gatherings, camping, outdoor and ocean (but not limited to) activities/events, it is understood that such activities/events involves an element of risk and danger of accidents and knowing those risks, permittee and guests hereby assume those risks.
- Permittee/guests agrees to indemnify and to hold Olowalu Elua Associates, LLC DBA Camp Olowalu and West Maui Land Co. Inc., (its owners, managers, employees, agents and entities) free and harmless from any loss, property damage, any and all claims & liability, costs, death, or expense (but not limited to) which may arise out of or in connection with above mentioned activity/event at Camp Olowalu, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
- This is to certify that permittee/guests has informed all family members or group, heirs, assigns and next of kin of the risks and dangers with above mentioned activities/events at Camp Olowalu, and as parent(s)/guardian(s) and with legal responsibility (to any and all under age 18, or such other age of consent as may be applicable in any given jurisdiction, at time of registration) agrees to be bound by this Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement.
- Permittee/guests has read and agrees with the Waiver & Release of Liability Agreement, Terms & Conditions Policies, and Campground Rules and fully understands its terms; understands that permittee/guests have given up substantial rights by booking/signing it, and booked/signed freely and voluntarily without any inducement. Permittee/guests understands that failure to comply with the Waiver & Release of Liability Agreement, Terms & Conditions Policies, and Campground Rules may result in immediate expulsion from Camp Olowalu without compensation.
- Guests and visitors agree to abide by all CAMPGROUND RULES.
- Check-in time is 2:00pm check out time is 10:00am
- All day guests must leave by 9:30pm
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking area. Place parking permit, available at the check-in window, visible on dashboard. Parking permit must show vehicle’s license plate number, booking ID, and departure date to be valid.
- No tents permitted on sand beyond conservation land posts.
- Music or noise curfew is 9:30 PM. Decibel readers must be used by all DJ’s and live bands, kept below 80 decibels and at 15 feet pointed directly at speaker. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion without compensation.
- Cabin Groups: the reservation includes use of all 6 cabins, dining hall, kitchen, wahine and kane restrooms.
- Tentalow: reservations include the use of common and Tentalow areas, and enclosed toilets.
- Camping: Reservations include use of common and campground areas
- Please adhere by all State of Hawaii COVID19 requirement. All guests are required to complete our COVID19 waiver and follow our pre-check requirements. To view Camp Olowalu’s COVID19 Rules and Regulations CLICK HERE.
CAMPING & TENTALOW
TERMS & CONDITIONS
RESERVATION & CONFIRMATION
Reservations can be made at www.campolowalu.com, by phone: 808.661.4303 or at the check-in window. Same-day TENTALOW bookings require a confirmation of availability by phone or email. You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid government issued ID and credit card in your name.
Payment is due in full at time of booking via cash or major credit/debit cards. Checks must be made payable to Camp Olowalu and are only accepted on bookings made two weeks in advance. There is a $50.00 bank/administrative fee for any returned checks.
RATES & CAPACITY
Rates can be found at www.campolowalu.com. All rates are subject to 4.166% tax (additional TA tax applies to tentalows).
CAMPING: There is a maximum of 6 persons per campsite. A per person fee applies.
TENTALOWS: Standard tentalows sleep 2 adults and family tentalows sleep 4 adults; A maximum of 2 children cots are available for an additional fee.
DAYTIME GUEST: A per person fee applies.
CAMPING: Payment is refundable outside 24 hrs. of reservation, less a $5 administrative fee.
TENTALOWS: Payment is refundable outside 7 days from reservation, less a $25 administrative fee. Reservations made within 7 days are not refundable.
DAYTIME GUEST: $10 fee is not refundable.
A security deposit of the full value of each rented item is required at the time of reservation. The deposit is refunded upon the return of the equipment. Equipment must be returned in the same condition in which it was rented to receive a full refund. A late fee or additional day rental will apply to late returns. Prices subject to change without notice.
CAMPING GEAR / AMENITIES
If anything is broken or missing please let the office know before your departure.
TENTALOWS: Upon checkout please make sure all the items are left in the tentalow.
Upon check-in your credit card will be kept on file and only charged should any damages be reported. Permittee agrees to reimburse Camp Olowalu for property, amenities and appliances damaged beyond normal wear and tear as well as compensate any misplaced items. Up to $500.00 in fees applies.
CABIN & GROUPS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
RESERVATION INQUIRIES AND HOLD
Reservations can be made online, by phone: 808 661-4303 or at our check-in window. A reservation will be held, without commitment for 14 days, otherwise cancelled. If the SITE USE AGREEMENT along with a deposit is not initiated within this timeframe, the reservation will be taken off of the calendar. Reservations made within 30 days of stay require payment in full. You must be 18 years of age and have a government issued ID and credit card in your name.
Deposit is equal to half of the total fee on the SITE USE AGREEMENT.
Checks must be made payable to Camp Olowalu, LLC. There is a $50 bank/admin fee for returned checks. We accept all major credit/debit cards. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
RATES & CAPACITY
Daily rates are based on groups of up to 36 persons. Fee applies per each additional person for events exceeding 36 persons and must be disclosed. Maximum capacity for parties (including day-time visitors) is 76 persons but may exceed this when in conjunction with rental of Campsites and/or Tentalows. There is a 2 night minimum stay. All rates are subject to 4.166% GE tax and 10.25% TA tax. No camping is permitted on the beach.
No less than thirty (30) days prior to the Event, Olowalu Elua Associates, LLC, requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) coverage, naming Olowalu Elua Associates, LLC, DBA Camp Olowalu, LLC and West Maui Land Co., Inc. as additionally insured. COI shall include a “Waiver of Subrogation” and specify coverage from the check-in to the check-out dates of the Event. COI shall contain an endorsement that the insurance is “primary and non-contributing” with any insurance carried by OEA.
Upon check-in your credit card will be kept on file and only charged should any damages be reported. Permittee agrees to reimburse Camp Olowalu, LLC for property, amenities and appliances damaged beyond normal wear and tear as well as compensate any misplaced items. Up to $500.00 in fees applies.
Deposit is not refundable for cancellations within 9 months prior to event. Eligible refunds are subject to a $25.00 administrative fee if payment and refund are made with a check, or a 6% administrative fee if payment is made and refunded to a credit card.
Guests agree to remove trash, wipe down kitchen surfaces and store food in refrigerators and/or closed containers daily. Cardboard boxes and/or trash bags may not be stored outside of the kitchen, mess hall or cabin areas. Trash must be disposed of into dumpster. Please use the HI recycling bins provided outside of the mess hall.
CHECK OUT CLEANING
Guests agree to leave all areas as found. Sweep, wipe down all surfaces, remove all spills from floors and furniture, place all items back in drawers and cabinets, empty and clean the refrigerators, freezer, stove tops, ovens and broilers. Guests agree to sweep, clean out cabins, bathrooms and lawn area. A checkout inspection and inventory is done after each event. No items are held or stored, tents or personal items will be removed and donated to local charitable organizations.